Vision, mission and target areas
Vision, mission and target areas
The Swedish Industry of Optometry shall work to ensure that its member companies occupy the leading positions when it comes to guaranteeing the customer safety with high product safety and patient welfare. Within this framework, the Swedish Industry of Optometry has specific requirements on the member companies so that they can offer the best optical care in Europe.
Sweden shall offer the best optical care in Europe.
- The Swedish Industry of Optometry shall identify optical care issues and work to ensure high patient welfare.
- The Swedish Industry of Optometry shall unite and develop the entire industry and be its natural hub and point of contact for players of the industry and its institutions.
The Swedish Industry of Optometry shall work to ensure the development of the industry and patient welfare.
- The Swedish Industry of Optometry shall work to ensure high quality through industry standards.
- The Swedish Industry of Optometry shall not cover employer and employee related issues. The Swedish Industry of Optometry shall engage in matters concerning the industry but not in commercial matters associated with the activities of an individual company.
– Economic policies and industry related matters
– Educational policies
– Industry development and growth
– Patient welfare
Economic Policies and Industry Related Matters
- The Swedish Industry of Optometry shall provide for industry interests in economic policies. This shall be done through the following:
– Education coordinators
– Other industry organisations
– Other professional organisations
– Non-member companies
– The general public
- The Swedish Industry of Optometry together with the Swedish Optometric Association shall work to ensure that member companies have access to certified opticians whose education and further training are based on research that maintains high and constant quality.
- The Swedish Industry of Optometry shall also promote the industry’s need for certified opticians.
Industry Development and Growth
The Swedish Industry of Optometry shall secure the growth and development of the industry through internal and external measures, such as:
- To identify and develop services to the benefit of member companies.
- To publish a trade journal of high quality and high reading value, which shall serve as a means for proactive economic policy.
- To ensure that member companies contribute with supporting documents for reliable industry statistics. The Swedish Industry of Optometry shall use the statistics to draw attention and create proactivity in the role relating to economic policies.
The Swedish Industry of Optometry shall work to ensure that member companies are the natural choice for anyone who needs visual aids. This can be done by the member companies’ maintaining high quality of both products and services. How to achieve this:
- Within the framework of patient welfare, to identify a code of conduct for members.
- To manage and develop quality standards in optical care in order to secure high patient welfare within the framework of current legislation.
- To manage and develop quality documents for companies where sales of optical aids take place without practicing certified optician.
To develop standards for complaints management in accordance with the applicable laws and the practices of the Swedish Consumer Agency.